Benefits To Spay And Neuter Your Pet
Making to spay or neuter your pet is one of the most important decisions you can make for your furry friend. Neutering or spaying your pet can help them live a longer, healthier life, minimizes behavior difficulties and helps control the population of unwanted pets.
A few of the benefits your pet will experience from getting spayed or neutered include:
- Unspayed female cats and dogs have a greater change to develop pyometra, uterine cancer, and other diseases that come from complications to their reproductive systems.
- There is a growing body of medical evidence that shows females spayed before their first heat are typically healthier.
- Male pets who are neutered eliminates the risk of testicular cancer.
Along with medical benefits, you and your pet will see improved behavior and quality of life as you live together. Unneutered dogs are more assertive and prone to urine marking than neutered dogs. Spaying or neutering your dog can reduce urine-marking altogether.
Other behavioral problems that will be alleviated by spay/neuter your pet includes:
- Roaming and howling in male cats. This is also a benefit compared to unspayed females who are “in heat.”
- Studies show that most male dogs and cats are less aggressive once they are neutered.
- Excessive barking, mounting, and other dominance-related behaviors are reduced in neutered and spayed pets.
We Are Your Professional Veterinarians For Your Pet’s Spay & Neutering Needs
Your pet’s safety and comfort are our main concerns when performing a spay or neuter. We use innovative pain management techniques along with anesthesia to ensure that your furry friend is comfortable during the process and after they have been eliminated.
Your pet will be monitored under anesthesia by a trained technician who monitors blood pressure, blood oxygen saturation, electrocardiogram, respiratory rate and body temperature. Intravenous fluids are administered through the process to help provide intravenous access for added drugs when they are needed and keep your pet’s blood pressure.
Your pet will be kept warm and pleasant during the process with warming blankets.
If you are ready to improve the physical and behavioral health of your pet, then give us a call today!